Somlata Acharyya Chowdhury is a famous and popular Bengali singer in India. She was born on 11 February 1985. She sang the songs “Tumi Asbe Bole ” and “Jagarane Jay Bibhabaree” of the Bengali film “Ranjana Ami Ar Ashbona” in 2011 nd becme fmous and fmilir also.Likewise, she started her career in 2007. Her singles were also released. She also worked on some solo albums with her band “Somlata and the Aces ‘. She is a guest lecturer also in the subject of psychology at the college of Asutosh College, in Kolkata. Her first playback song was “Perfect Woman” in the film crossover in 2007. Her work in the film includes “Cross Connection,” “Seven Days”, “Bedroom,” “Dutta Vs Dutta”, “Biye Not Out”, “Khola Hawa”, “Bheetu”, “Family Album”, and others. She performs in many live concerts. She received many awards in her small singing career. “Best Discovery Award”, “Etv Bangla Best Playback Singer”, “Radio Mirchi Best Female Singer”, and many others. She has such a melodious voice, and for that, she achieved a good place in the Bengali Music Industry. She worked only on Bengali Music.
Bio/Wiki of Singer Somlata Acharyya Chowdhury
Full name: Somlata Acharyya Chowdhury
Profession: She works as a Bengali Singer
Appearance in: Bengali Music Industry
Active Years: 2007 – present
Income Source: She earned by singing
Net Worth: $1-5 Million (as reported of 2021)
Birthday, Age & More
Birthday: 11 February 1985
Birthplace: She was born in West Bengal, Kolkata, in India
Hometown: Kolkata, West Bengal, India
Current Address: Kolkata, West Bengal, India
Age: 36 running (Up- 2021)
Zodiac Sign/Sun Sign: Aquarius
Hobbies: Her hobbies are Listening to Music, Travelling, Shopping, and Gardening
Famous for: Singing Bengali Films Songs
School: Not Known
College: She completed her College life at Raja Bazar Science College
University: She was studied at Calcutta University
Education Qualification: She completed her graduation in the subject of Psychology
Height, Weight & Body
Height: In inches- 5.5” inches
In meters- 1.65 m
In centimeters-165 cm
Weight: In kilogram- 50 kg
In pounds -110 lbs
Hip Size: 34
Waist Size: 28
Bra Size: 34
Body Measurement: 34-28-34 inches
Body Shape: Silm
Eye color: Black
Hair Color: Black
Shoe Size: 7 (US)
Dress Size: 6 (US)
Family & Relatives
Father: Shyamal Acharyya Chowdhury
Mother: Not Known
Relationship & Affairs
Marital Status: Married
Boyfriend: Not Known
Husband/Spouse: Akash Roy
Food: She likes Bengali foods
Color: Blue, Black, and White
She married Akash Roy on 23 November 2012. Though she is a singer, she is also a teacher by profession.
She worked on many solo albums and Single songs in her music career.
- Chupkatha – 2009
- Ami Achhi Er Majhe – 2014
- Mor Bhabonare – 2016
- Aabdar, a Single song – 2017
- Kaa Karoon Sajni, Yaad Piya Ki Aye – 2018
- Ure Jete Chay, Naina Morey, Prostuti, Khuje Paabe Na Amake – 2019
Somlata Acharyya Chowdhury started her singing career journey with the film song “Perfect Woman” in 2007. She always worked in her career in taking Bengali songs. Her melodious and joyful voice made the song perfect all over. She mainly works in the film’s songs of Bengali. Her Bedroom film song ”Mayabono Biharini Horini’ ‘was praised by people of all ages. She has also sung a Bangladeshi movie song “Tuo Tap ” of the film “Dhaka Attack ”.
Nothing is found.
Notable Films Songs
- Perfect Woman – 2007
- Cross Connection – 2009
- U-Tern – 2010
- Ranjana Ami Ar Ashbona, Seven Days, Bedroom – 2011
- Elar Char Adhyay, Dutta Vs. Dutta, March Misti and More, Bojhena Shey Bojhena – 2012
- Half Serious, Antaraal, Ashbo Ar Ek Din – 2013
- Hercules, Amar Ami, Chotushkone, Ek Phali Rod, Biye Not Out, Khola Hawa – 2014
- Bureau, Bela Shehe, Bitnoon, Family Album, Jomer Raja Dilo Bor, Chitra, Sudhu Tomari Jonno, Sesh Songbaad – 2015
- Bibaho Diaries, Cross Connection 2, Dhaka Attack, Ghawre and Baire, Michael – 2017
- Uma, Sesher Golpo – 2018
- Aaha Re – 2019
- Din Ratrir Golpo, Brahma Janen Gopon Kommoti, Cheeni – 2020
Singer Somlata Acharyya Chowdhury performed in many countries such as Bangladesh, the United States of America, the United Arab Emirates, Hongkong, Kuwait, and more countries. She sang in the concerts Indian semi-classical, Pop Rock, modern Film Songs, Folk Songs, and Sufi.
- In the show “Etv Dada na Didi: Ganer Big Fight,” she achieved the Best Discovery Award.
- She received the Anandalok Special Jury Award.
- In 2010, She gained Agami Diner Star at Star Jalsha Entertainment Award.
- In 2017, she got the Mirchi Music award in the category of the best female singer.
- She was ranked in 2018 as “Times Power Woman.”
- In 2019, She was selected as the “Times Style Icon.”
Some Unknown Facts About Singer Somlata Acharyya Chowdhury
- She used only vocals when she sang a song.
- She used no levels.
- Her band team “Somlata and The Aces” is top-rated in the West Bengal of India.
- She has a website, and the name is “Somlata.com.”
The Controversy of Somlata Acharyya Chowdhury
There is no controversy found in her personal life.